MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodday, I'm your new moderator...

Go down

Goodday, I'm your new moderator... Empty Goodday, I'm your new moderator...

Post  Eelco1972 Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Hey !

My name is Eelco van Ruth and i'm your new moderator for the Players Corner.
There is not yet a Code of Conduct, but i'm very sure that we'll be able to think of some rules when the time is right to implement them. For now i think it's enough to say that if you respect everyone in here and keep in mind that swearing, cursing and flaming is not a smart way to express yourself anywhere, not just in a forum, so just don't do it.

I'll be keeping an eye on what's going on here, but i'm also going to set up some interesting ideas the Players Union has for this website in the longrun. For instance: you win a PTQ for the first time. Than what ?! Of course WotC tries to have a local representative take care of as much as possible, sometimes buying you the airfare to the PT's location, but often it stops there. You need to figure out hotels, but you have no clue what a good price for a hotel is. You have two friends that also Q'ed; wouldn't it be better to try and find an appartment ? Maybe there are local players that have a spare bedroom they want to lend out to someone they like of look up to: who wouldn't want to have people like Ruud Warmenhoven, Osyp Lebedowicz or Kenji Tsumura come over for a weekend and hang out, either to observe some serious Magic, admire some dancemoves or learn how to pick up ladies ?!

So help me try to make the threads in the Players Corner a nice place to hang out for people planning their next Pro Tour or Grand Prix, keep it clean, help each other out and don't hesitate to ask questions if something is not clear.

Have fun playing and living Magic,

Eelco van Ruth
Eelco1972
Eelco1972

Back to top Go down