MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

magic for charity

4 posters

Go down

magic for charity Empty magic for charity

Post  Shadowhunter483 Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:43 am

Do you think it would be possible to have a charity tournament? This is another thing I think Wizards isn't focusing on. Why not get a bunch of pros together and then they play magic for a charity of their choice. Kinda like celebrity poker showdown. I think it would be a good idea and it would show magic in a good light. What do you guys think?

Shadowhunter483

Back to top Go down

magic for charity Empty Re: magic for charity

Post  mercenarybdu Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:45 am

that should be an excellent plan to bring to the table. After all the Hall of Fame came off of sports and this idea just comes right off the pages of US Football, Poker Tours, Black Jack Tours, and Golfing Tours.

If the Union would agree on it I would love to see that materialize in the future to show that the community does care for people who are in need.

Note: Sending Cash to Third World Developing Nations isn't going to solve our problem in this context of Charity.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowhunter483 Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 pm

So I'm still considering this idea. I want it to start out small somewhere locally in an area with a large amount of players playing in a tournament where a portion of the proceeds gained by the tournament are given to charity. Any suggestions?

Shadowhunter483

Back to top Go down

Post  gleemax Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:36 am

How about a save the trees foundation? Lol, jk. Seriously though what about something that sponsored a big sister/big brother program. Then you can wave the entry fee to everyone whose an active big brother/sister. Another idea could be a canned food drive where the entry fee is 20 cans of food, 50 cans of food gets you a round 1 by. Childhood leukima also sounds like a winner for a Magic charity.

Also, if you plan on doing anything magic related for charity I'd suggest making it a constructed event so you don't have to worry about supplying packs. This will enable more of the donations to be put into the charity.

On idea for a prize: Contact some magic artits and see if you can get any sighned prints or even sketches donated.

gleemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Reindeercards Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Travel is pretty expensive and Magic pros and tournament organizers aren't rolling in money.

This might happen on a local level wherever there's a good player base. But coming together for some kind of massive event would be difficult to pull off.

Reindeercards

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down