MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds travel

4 posters

Go down

Worlds travel Empty Worlds travel

Post  tine rus Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:53 pm

Well, I dunno if anybody still checks this forum or not, but still, no harm trying...

In a week i'm going away to do some travelling in south america. since i'm part of my country's national team and also never played at worlds before, i'm very eager to go there regardless of this travel arrangement of mine. so i'm thinking of flying over to memphis (grrr... wizards could have picked a more accessible location, but ok...) from la paz in bolivia. i'm wondering if there are some players from bolivia or peru going to worlds? if so, how did you arrange your travel to memphis? i'm also thinking of not flying directly to memphis because it's very inconvenient (many flights to change, also expensive), so my second question would be if there are some players going from miami, dallas or atlanta to memphis, possibly by car, and have an extra seat left? Smile

i offer travel anecdotes and lots of magic wisdom:)

take care,
tine rus
slovenia

tine rus

Back to top Go down

Worlds travel Empty Re: Worlds travel

Post  gleemax Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:07 pm

How about flying into St. Louis? It's closer to Memphis (and an easier drive) than going to Atlanta. Also it's a pretty big airport so you shouldn't have too many flight changes. I'm from St. Louis orginally and I plan on driving up there after worlds, so I know it's not too bad.

If I were you though, I'd look at how much it costs to rent a car, factor in gas, and then compare that amount to the extra cost of flying straight to Memphis. Yeah changing the flights sucks and it might look expensive, but it might end up being cheaper to just fly to memphis and take a cab to your hotel. Just as long as you're within walking distance to the convention center, you probably don't need a car.

gleemax

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:00 am

Wish I could go but since I have nobody sponsoring me or even backing me up, my chances of going over there are slim to none.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannes Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:31 pm

I guess it kind of goes into the topic somewhat...

I am going to worlds and am looking to go travel on budget. The thing is that the cheapest flights are about 900 euros to memphis from here(tallinn) basically I cannot find any cheap flights there from anywhere in europe. Does anyone know any for like 400 euros or so from europe to memphis?

Hannes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum