MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some news ...

+4
Adam Nightmare
mercenarybdu
DgiDraco
Raph
8 posters

Go down

Some news ... Empty Some news ...

Post  Raph Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Hello people,

don't think we have forgotten about you! We are currently working on the best way to build the new website, and it might take a little time, but Evan and Eelco threw some good ideas to the pot.

About the Union's name: For now it's here to stay. As we open the new website, we'll decide wether or not we keep it. I've been silently following the discussion on the other topic and keep in mind the suggestions.

I'll give you updates on what's going on soon!

Raph

Raph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some news ... Empty Re: Some news ...

Post  DgiDraco Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:03 pm

i understand you guys are busy with getting the website up and running but heres a few questions you could answer for us

1. what kind of structure are we looking at for this union?

2. how will we choose representatives?

3. how do you plan on looking at all aspects of this union, and not just a pro players view

4. would anyone be opposed to a discussion about the union after day 1 of grand prix philadelphia?

DgiDraco

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Will this affect our post counts when you transfer all of our data onto the newly established forum site?

If we vote for reps who will be on the ballot? and how will we determine a backup if the rep isn't present?

and i hope that the site you and Evan are establishing doesn't bar off the little guys as we've thrown our hat in many times to have a part in this Union if we are to survive for another generation to come along.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Nightmare Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:59 pm

mercenarybdu wrote:Will this affect our post counts when you transfer all of our data onto the newly established forum site?
Is this really any kind of consideration? What difference does it make?

Adam Nightmare

http://www.mtgthesource.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gleemax Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:54 am

Adam Nightmare wrote:
mercenarybdu wrote:Will this affect our post counts when you transfer all of our data onto the newly established forum site?

Agreed, this isn't MTG Salvation where you get a status for having so many posts. Yes post counts help determine who's active and who's been in a forum longest, but mindlessly posting without content simply to get your post count up is silly. I'm guessing a new site would equal all new post counts, but honestly they could hide post counts for all I care.

Edit: After doing a quick look at the member list I discoverd you have twice as many posts as anyone else. (The 2nd highest was 47). I really doubt even half of those post intelligently contributed to disscussion.

gleemax

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:09 am

gleemax wrote:
Adam Nightmare wrote:

Agreed, this isn't MTG Salvation where you get a status for having so many posts. Yes post counts help determine who's active and who's been in a forum longest, but mindlessly posting without content simply to get your post count up is silly. I'm guessing a new site would equal all new post counts, but honestly they could hide post counts for all I care.

Edit: After doing a quick look at the member list I discoverd you have twice as many posts as anyone else. (The 2nd highest was 47). I really doubt even half of those post intelligently contributed to disscussion.

I'm used to doing stuff for forums, although there is no reward on this site for having a large post count, I am still impressed that I am able to bring it up to that level without having to cut corners.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

Post  TrickJarrett Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:19 am

Assuming they are able to just export and import the forums, I would assume post counts will remain in tact.

-- Trick

TrickJarrett

http://www.mananation.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raph Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:21 am

mercenarybdu wrote:
I'm used to doing stuff for forums, although there is no reward on this site for having a large post count, I am still impressed that I am able to bring it up to that level without having to cut corners.

Yes, I'm sure everyone is very impressed here, not for the same reason though...

Raph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rickiep00h Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:13 am

Heh.

I do have one thing to offer in the current topic, and that's the realization that, since PT: KL, we haven't really been all that active. I realize there's big plans and all that, but are we going to work to get in to talks at any of the other upper level tourneys in the near future? Someone mentioned Philly (which I still can't make), and I'm wondering if we've got plans at PT: Hollywood. I think I'd be satisfied with "yes, we've got ideas for the near future" more than exact details at this moment, since there's the aforementioned big plans.

The only reason I ask is that, now that the meeting at KL is over, everyone seems a little complacent. It looks almost like Wizards went "yep, this should shut them up," and it worked.

So...?

rickiep00h

Back to top Go down

Post  Reindeercards Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:05 pm

rickiep00h wrote:Heh.

I do have one thing to offer in the current topic, and that's the realization that, since PT: KL, we haven't really been all that active. I realize there's big plans and all that, but are we going to work to get in to talks at any of the other upper level tourneys in the near future? Someone mentioned Philly (which I still can't make), and I'm wondering if we've got plans at PT: Hollywood. I think I'd be satisfied with "yes, we've got ideas for the near future" more than exact details at this moment, since there's the aforementioned big plans.

The only reason I ask is that, now that the meeting at KL is over, everyone seems a little complacent. It looks almost like Wizards went "yep, this should shut them up," and it worked.

So...?

1) Most people here aren't showing an interest in discussing the nuts and bolts of what can be done...which makes it difficult to have a conversation. I had to put up a poll on my States thread just to determine if anyone was bothering to read it.

I'm really hoping there's a lot of behind-the-scenes chatter going on amongst the pros because if there's not (and judging from content posted here), we'll have a tough time just filling out the official union discussion group. Wink

2) This is a temporary website. I don't see much use in investing 5-6 hours of my time writing my thoughts on how to alter the prize structure of tournament Magic or "how to afford a PTQ lifestyle before you hit the big time" when I don't know if my content and any resulting discussion will be carried over to the new site.

Honestly, I could put the same amount of effort into writing an article on the subject for one of the Magic websites which would make it both unlikely to be erased in the next couple of weeks and probably have more people read it too.

Reindeercards

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down